2017 Micro-Tour 3: July 8/9 2017, Mountain Lakes Park, North Salem, NY
"if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together" African Proverb
The 2017 Micro-Tour 03 will ride from 718 Cyclery on July 8th up through Westchester County to Mountain Lakes Park in North Salem, NY. These 62 miles will mostly be traversed at a calm elevation on protected bike lanes (Hudson River Greenway, South County Trailway and North County Trailway). Campsite will have access to portable bathrooms and water, but no electricity. Ride (Route Option 1) leaves 7am sharp from 718 Cyclery (or, you can make arrangements to meet group along the way). Ride back can be of the bike or train variety (heck, so can also ride the train up if you'd like!)
This trip is "Unsupported" (we are camping!), as riders will be responsible for their food and shelter. You will be among helpful friends, so don't fret! 718 Cyclery provides expert free advice on packing solutions you might be looking into. Also, we rent bags and gear at a discounted rate for Micro-Tourers (you can rent gear in "Booking:" link below). In addition, have a look at our Pinterest Boards where we have cataloged many gear types and ideas from past trips. To see examples of past trips, check out our Travel Blog.
Maps and Routes
Please print out and download the following files. Assume the worst case scenario of being separated from group. Please don't just rely on downloads, as batteries can die. TCX and GPX files are for Garmin and GPS devices, KML files can be loaded into Google maps, PDF files are turn by turn directions that can be printed
- Group 1: Ride from 718 Cyclery to Mountain Lakes Park (zip file)
- Group 2: Ride from Pleasantville Train Station to Mountain Lakes Park (zip file). Train departs Grand Central 9:51am, arrives Pleasantville at 10:42am. All riders taking train are responsible for ticket, as well as acquiring a Rail Pass.
- Both ride groups will rendezvous at Goldens Bridge at 2pm for the final 7 mile ride to campsite.
- Group 1: Ride from Mountain Lakes Park to 718 Cyclery (zip file)
- Group 2: Ride from Mountain Lakes Park to Pleasantville Train Station (zip file)
- Group 3: Ride from Mountain Lakes Park to Golden’s Bridge Train Station (zip file)
- Group 4: Ride from Mountain Lakes Park to “The Market on Spring” (breakfast spot), then on to Katonah Train Station (zip file)
We charge a $20 nominal fee to cover our sizable insurance, staffing and planning costs. Use calendar to select month of trip. Please note that gear can be rented during booking process. Please note 718 Trips and Tours Cancellation Policy here